The Learning Management Systems (LMS) Administrator will assume and play a critical role in the LMS governance as well as be responsible for day-to-day LMS administration including maintenance, enhancements, technical support, and training. The LMS Administrator will also help manage, create, and deliver training resources and help-guides as needed, as well as continuously troubleshooting all LMS issues and trends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fully understands LMS capabilities with breadth and depth and provides ongoing maintenance of the LMS and all supporting tools, content, and technologies.
- Develops, builds, and maintains all elements related to LMS functionality, including but not limited to curriculum programs, and LMS structure.
- Maintains security roles, user accounts, training assignments, groups, and all system notifications.
- Manages the testing and evaluation of new enhancements and tools that integrate with the LMS; keeps the team informed.
- Proactively seeks to understand how new updates could benefit future development and how changes to the platform may affect current processes.
- Creates systems and workflows to ensure that all course resources are properly set up and available.
- Provides help resources and training guides including instructional videos, how-to guides, and FAQs related to the usage of the LMS.
- Ensures training content is running properly at all times without interruption, quality degradation, and without experiencing any avoidable technical issues that could diminish the overall user experience.
- Maintains and supports all e-learning assets on the LMS; Reviews all training material that have been deployed through the LMS on a regular basis.
- Provides frontline end-user troubleshooting, facilitates the escalation of LMS technical issues, monitors reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and proactively identify potential sources.
- Develops reports that are concise, intuitive, and actionable for organizational usage and completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle detail-oriented work while meeting schedules and deadlines (balance urgency and thoroughness)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues; quickly learn new applications, software and tools.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires you to balance multiple projects and perform well under shifting deadlines to execute on schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and with different levels of technological understanding.
- Ability to problem-solve in the face of ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task.
- Able to excel in a collaborative environment, but also take ownership of projects.
- Approachable and solution-oriented when presented with challenges or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills as well as a service-oriented philosophy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Previous experience (2+ years) in administering a Learning Management System; Cornerstone LMS experience highly preferred.
- Proven-experience managing an enterprise-wide LMS with 20,000 plus users/learners.
- Previous technical experience deploying and supporting courses (Articulate/Articualte360/Storyline/SCORM Packages) preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills; HTML highly desired.
- Experience working with team members remotely, using phone, email and online collaboration tools effectively.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- Bellevue SSC, Boise SSC, or Remote