Payroll Compliance Analyst
This role supports Savers by ensuring that the Payroll Team and its projects comply with all regulatory requirements and Savers Policies. Communicates with the Payroll Team to ensure they are aware of their role in compliance. Additionally, the Compliance Analyst works with the Payroll Manager and Payroll Supervisor to increase efficiency as well as assisting in career development for members of the Payroll Team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Define/Audit SOX Controls.
- Manage Regulatory Compliance.
- Conduct internal Audits.
- Provide proof of Compliance to Auditors.
- Carry out detailed research and complete documentation and risk assessments.
- Liaison with external departments to be aware of changing industry requirements.
- Oversee implementation and conducting internal inspections.
- Carry out reviews of processes and adapt plans base on feedback.
- Maintain records of compliance practices.
- Produce training materials and share best practices with the Payroll Team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience and general working knowledge of administrative processes for HR, benefits, and payroll.
- Working knowledge of Ceridian, UKG or other HRMS/payroll system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated skills for following business protocols and courtesy in listening, reacting and responding to all levels of Team Member requests or concerns.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and accurate.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Ability to work within Savers culture.
Required Education, Training, and Experience:
- 5-8 years of experience in Payroll Department with a retail organization.
- 1-2 years of experience leading and developing direct reports preferred.
- 3 years multi-state/multi provincial payroll experience preferred.
- Experience with Time & Attendance System, preferably UKG/Kronos 8.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Combination of the above that provides the foundational skills for the essential job functions.
Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to communicate and understand the spoken word are important as well, for example:
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.