Reports To: Fife Distribution Center Manager
Support in unloading, sorting, and loading of product to meet customers requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, state and Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, (Word, excel, power point and Outlook)
- Demonstrated skills in supervision, management, and leadership
- Ability to adapt to constant operation changes
- Demonstrated skills in inventory management
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of unloading shipping trailers.
- Ability to create reports and update appropriate reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to make and influence decisions
- Ability to identify opportunities, work a plan and execute.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to participate, and lead projects
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises and leads designated department staff. Coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to rotate schedule or work extended hours when needed.
- Coordinates daily plan with department team.
- Oversees department quality control
- Establish working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Daily staff planning for department to meet daily production plan.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials and machinery (conveyor, vertical balers, forklifts, and tractor/trailers).
- Monitors and reviews all equipment, procedures, and practices to ensure proper safety and work conditions.
- Participates, and leads department or company-wide projects in support of the company goals and objectives.
- Facilitates efficient use of warehouse space to maximize floor space.
- Coordinates and communicates with other supervisors’ daily plan.
- Assists management TM reviews.
- Certified forklift operator
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience
- Two to three years of warehouse supervisory experience or related supervisory experience that yields the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 4 - 5 years in warehouse operations and production.
- Forklift experience a plus
- Ability to occasionally lift to 70 lbs.
- Occasionally bend, twist, sit, stand for long periods of time
- Wear PPE (Vest, hard toe shoes)
- Exposed to extreme conditions (hot in the summer, cold in the winter)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, phone, fax machine, desk/lap top computer
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Pallet Jack, Balers, and other heavy machinery