Traffic Administrator - Fife, WA
Support Savers' vision by ensuring the timely, most efficient, and cost-effective product movement, including partnership supply, external shipping, freight and distribution requirements from third party suppliers and vendors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute operational processes and procedures to achieve outstanding results in terms of transportation management and freight performance.
- Accurately record and process invoices within AP systems; communicate and trouble shoot effectively with 3rd party freight payable vendor.
- Execute the identified company freight transportation plan and initiatives by utilizing internal processes and thorough coordination with third party vendors.
- Effectively able to troubleshoot disruptions to plan and communicate timely with Savers resource team members.
- Ability to have critical attention to detail with an emphasis on following operational guidelines and systems
- Coordinate and monitor ongoing transportation operations including track and trace of store shipments
- Ability to manage ad hoc freight quotes
- Participate and coordinate events (RFP, RFQ, RFI, and other like projects) in support of logistics procurement.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of all transportation modes, including intermodal, domestic ocean freight, consolidation, and distribution
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills within a fast paced and dynamic supply chain
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to self-prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to make or influence decisions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic knowledge/understanding of Transportation Management Systems
- Data gathering for ongoing carrier performance
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in transportation and logistics
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry items weighing less than 5 lbs
- Occasional reaching to various levels and directions to inspect and validate work processes.
- Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding, writing on documents/forms
- Continuously needs to hear and verbally communicate to interact with and respond to management, team members and customers.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Copy machine
- Fax machine
- 4101 Industry Dr. E, Ste. B, Fife, WA 98424
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.