Job Title: Customer Service Ambassador
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
Supports Savers vision by providing excellent donor service to encourage repeat donors and increased donor base through positive word-of-mouth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promptly opens each assigned day and prepares site for that day’s business
- Cheerfully greets donors upon their arrival
- Assists donors by transferring their donations from their vehicle
- Provides donation tax receipt to donors
- Explains charity mission to donors, as requested
- Weighs all donations by type and enters donor and product weight into Donation Log
- Stores all donations in an organized manner for efficient accounting and handling
- Maintains a clean and safe condition to include the interior, the exterior grounds and parking lot and especially, the Donor Service Point
- Assists collections driver unloading while maintaining a priority on donor service
- Weighs delivered product and completes truck load report
- Inventories and orders all necessary supplies
- Communicates to Area Manager daily donor counts, product weights and any conditions at the location requiring attention necessary to meet donor service standards, safety concerns or site cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Service-oriented with cheerful personality
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Attention to cleanliness, organization and detail
- Reliable transportation and commitment to attendance and punctuality
- Willing and able to work weekend days as a regular part the position schedule
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Satisfactorily pass physical and background exams
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Experience in customer service
- Employment background demonstrating experience working with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs frequently throughout the day
- Able and willing to safely, cautiously, and efficiently navigate work environment that may include large industrial machinery, heavy equipment and product, elevated and uneven surfaces, and heights, and moving forklifts.
Travel: Related to position only within geographical area and essential functions or other areas as assigned
Work Type/Location: Varies on geographic area of role
Savers is an eVerify employer