Job Title: Compliance and Controls Manager
Summary: The Compliance and Controls Manager will lead and develop the compliance and controls function for Savers, including the establishment of control infrastructure and working with various IT and business owners on implementation, execution and compliance with the requirements. Responsible for the compliance audit function for financial and IT systems audits as well as reporting of results, development of remediation plans, updating of control processes and documentation. Is a key contributor in executing accounting process improvement initiatives in the areas of procurement, accounts payable, and financial reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a control infrastructure including process documentation and audit evidence
- Collaborate with IT to develop and implement segregation of duties controls within ERP system including development of audit reports, procedures for testing and process redesign, develop and implement remediation plans
- Oversee financial and IT compliance and governance functions to include testing, documenting, evaluating, remediating and improving controls and processes
- Collaborate with internal management, external auditors and stakeholders to ensure compliance requirements are met
- Establish and update documentation to meet compliance requirements and ensure that business processes, policies and procedures are effective and sustainable
- Interpret control and compliance requirements and communicate requirements and impacts effectively to the organization
- Conduct gap analysis and recommend specific actions/controls to address gaps in procedures and/or processes
- Communicate control strengths/weaknesses to organization and collaborate with organization to develop mitigation plans
- Some travel required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and controls/compliance infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of GAAP – US and International
- Strong project management skills
- Change management
- Intellectual curiosity/critical thinking
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and drive results
- Strong sense of urgency
- Manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to assess, design, and implement internal controls in an enterprise level environment
- Ability to form working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Process improvement/idea generation/implementation
- Experience in designing, testing, evaluating and documenting controls
- Experience with external audit firm – participation in annual audit process
- Strong technical accounting skills – including international accounting
- Excellent Excel skills
- Dynamics 365 Finance & Accounting
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA experience a plus
- 7+ years accounting experience
- Public accounting experience/internal audit experience
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations a plus
- Process improvement/project management skills a plus
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.