Director, SEC Reporting
Savers is seeking a dynamic Director SEC Reporting to lead SEC and other external reporting; assess, implement, and maintain technical accounting policies; perform internal financial analyses and forecasts; strengthen and maintain internal controls over financial reporting; and manage SOX compliance testing.
This position is intended to be an addition to Savers’ growing finance team. The Director SEC reporting will complement the current accounting team in ensuring timely and accurate reporting of its financial statements. You’ll drive all the SEC Reporting and Financial Reporting aspects of our processes and will partner with the CFO, Controller, and finance operations leaders. Key responsibility is to ensure all filing requirements are met and that all significant accounting matters are appropriately evaluated as part of the financial reporting process. This role reports to the CFO.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and technical accounting expertise in the internal and external financial reporting function of the Company
- Direct preparation SEC filings - 10-Qs and 10-Ks, including preparation and coordination of supporting schedules
- Ensures all financial reports and disclosures comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Conducts detailed research of potential changes to accounting rules proposed by accounting standards setters, and advises senior management regarding same
- Develop, implement, and communicate new policies and processes to comply with newly issued accounting standards
- Oversees accounting department policies and ensures regular and timely update of those policies.
- Provides accounting guidance related to proposed transactions to ensure conformity with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with external audit firm to coordinate, manage and complete interim and year end audit in the required timeframe; be the point person for complex accounting matters
- Spearhead special projects as required by executive management such as, but not limited to, automation around accounting processes and financial reporting, due diligence, Sox testing, and continuous process improvements.
- Various other tasks such as serving as the backup administrator for SOX Internal Controls and Financial Accounting Systems and maintaining the updating the Company's library of standard reports.
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Maintain quarterly reporting timetable and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations on the preparation and tie out of the press release, management prepared remarks and conference call materials.
- Review filings to ensure XBRL tagging is appropriate.
- Review and tie out earnings release materials, scripts, and other documents to support the investor relations process.
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies and reduce timeframes for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of the retail & consumer industry including regulations, finance, compliance, internal audit, and internal control issues.
- Exemplary executive presence – has the gravitas and sophistication to appropriately command the room
- Innovative–inquisitive, challenges status quo, thinks outside the box
- Cultural alignment - unwavering ethical standards; drives excellence and innately collaborative
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards, techniques, and control frameworks.
- Requires systems and critical thinking, leadership, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Requires interview skills, analytical skills, independent judgment, discretion, and timely decision making.
- Ability to analyze complex information, formulate strategies, communicate solutions, and plans to others and monitor progress.
- Collaborative - team with constituents who vary in approach and style to achieve results
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong investigative skills.
- Team-oriented with consulting and advisory skills and service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels including Board of Directors, Senior Management, Directors, Managers, and staff in all departments of Savers
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related fields
- CPA required
- 5-7 years of experience in a Big 4 accounting firm with experience on a publicly traded client preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in technical accounting at a public company
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to instill confidence and trust
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Prior experience working in a Retail/Consumer Industry is highly preferred.
- Experience XBRL and financial reporting tools (Workiva, ActiveDisclosure),
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and superior organization skills is required.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Oral/Written/Communication & Presentation skills is required.
- Track record of consistently delivering business results and exceeding leaderships’ expectations
- Experience working collaboratively with global teams and wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to command the room with C-Suite and Board level internal stakeholders
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.