Team member in the general accounting function for global thrift retailer Including the financial close, compensation accounting, lease accounting, fixed assets, annual audit and statutory audit processes. Drive process improvements and preparation of financial reports. This position reports to the Manager, Accounting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare/participate in monthly close/consolidation and account reconciliation processes
- Prepare/participate in monthly reporting and analysis processes
- Participate in annual external audit and statutory audit processes
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, including implementation of new standards and impact on business
- Business partner to organization regarding functional questions/interactions
- Strong understanding of all areas of general accounting including leases, fixed assets, costing, payroll/compensation, allocations, etc.
- Identifies, recommends and implements accounting process improvements to support the company goals and objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and controls/compliance infrastructure
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP – US and international
- Change management
- Intellectual curiosity/critical thinking
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and drive results
- Strong sense of urgency
- Manage multiple responsibilities
- Process improvement/idea generation/implementation
- Experience with external audit firm – participation in annual audit process
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with preparation of external financial statements preferred not required
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA a plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years accounting experience
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations a plus
- Process improvement/project management skills a plus
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.