The Finance Manager, “Capex and Utilities” supports Corporate G&A functions including Information Technology, Real Estate, and Operations Services, as well as Capex and Utilities Management, by providing timely and accurate analysis and reporting to enable sound business decisions. Key areas of responsibility include Financial Reporting, Forecasting, Budgeting, Ad Hoc Analysis, and special projects as needed. This position reports to the Director of Finance, FP&A and Treasury.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the primary finance support for Corporate G&A departments, including management of G&A Forecasting, Budgeting, and reporting activities
- Provide insight and analysis to department leadership on key spend drivers and performance against Budget/Forecast
- Work closely with senior management on special projects and strategic initiatives
- Monitor and improve energy use through analysis and tracking of energy spend.
- Set actionable targets for energy reduction and present plan to meet targets.
- Manage third party utility payment partner, Engie, and all of their services.
- Manage / respond to all utility notices for backflow certifications, utility provider notifications for responses needed.
- Manage energy vendors to ensure contract compliance and leverage improvement to energy spend.
- Review current energy practices, policies and initiatives and provide actionable plans to improve.
- Present strong fiscal data and case for energy initiatives. Including investment requirements and ROI on investments.
- Mange current EMS system and provide alternative strategies to improve energy management solution.
- Support and develop corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Providing environmental impact reporting to support energy reduction impact and company goals.
- Keep up with industry trends / innovation and assess applicability to company.
- Audit LL provided energy for accuracy and reduction in use and cost.
Capital Expenditure Management:
- Serve as the primary finance support for Capex spend, including management of Capex Forecasting, Budgeting, and reporting activities in partnership with G&A departments and Accounting
- Perform ROI analysis on proposed Capex investments
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong Excel / technical skills and familiarity with SharePoint
- Cognos experience is a plus
- Power BI
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for learning
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and general finance concepts
- Experience with financial statements and demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Experience building budgets, forecasts, and financial reports
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliverables with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to connect complex operational metrics to financial results
- Experience working with outsourced consultants
- Ability to interact with and present to senior leadership
- Requires minimal supervision and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of energies and utilities dynamics
- Action oriented
- Ability to influence without authority
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Previous utility management experience preferred
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.