Construction Manager - CPC
The Construction Manager – CPC supports Savers vision by managing the build out of Central Processing Centers, cross docks, warehouses and related construction. This position reports to the VP, Real Estate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages all construction of Central Processing Centers, cross docks warehouse and related projects to meet Savers standards, budget, timing and all applicable code compliance.
- Complete due diligence, in coordination with Real Estate Department and Store Planning to verify feasibility, condition and estimated cost of new stores.
- Coordinate scope of work, requirements, schedule and budget with Director, Central Process Engineering.
- Prepare project construction budgets and cost estimates.
- Coordinate with Real Estate to monitor LL scope of work and progress to help ensure timely project delivery.
- Review and approve construction related lease documents with the Leasing/Real Estate Departments.
- Assist Project Design Manager in creating initial space planning and fixture layouts.
- Reviews construction documents for accuracy and adherence to Savers requirements.
- Manages all projects to include: permitting, bidding, construction, fixture installation, obtaining Certificate of Occupancy and turn-over to Operations.
- Manage general contractors, sign vendor and other material vendors to meet budget and provide best in class value to Savers.
- Responsible for all construction budgets pay outs and collection of Tenant allowance.
- Responsible for communication to Company of construction schedules and Operations turn over.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- Working knowledge of interpreting lease documents
- Demonstrated building construction skills including project due diligence, scheduling and estimating
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to create and analyze budgets
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) helpful
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction or related field preferred; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 5+ years construction management experience.
- Experience with warehouse, industrial or large footprint retail projects preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- USA or Canada - based /Remote