Applicants need to be located on the island of Oahu
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist II
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
Supports Savers mission and vision by providing exceptional customer service responding to inquiries from internal and external customers. This position will serve as the initial point of contact for donor escalated calls, emails and internal customer calls during normal hours of operation, to include routing calls to the appropriate departments, using basic problem-solving skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Handle escalated donor issues and partners with logistics and/or stores to resolve
- Respond to customer care email inquiries related to store or club card and escalate to SSC, those requiring more complex actions
- Answers basic trouble shooting questions or inquiries for the stores
- Responds to basic inquiries from team members regarding HR Services
- Receives inbound calls and accurately notates details
- Make outbound calls and accurately notates details
- Uses good judgment to determine when an inquiry can be resolved on initial contact or requires escalation in order to achieve call/case resolution
- Make accurate entries into ticketing systems, logs, etc.
- All other duties assigned
What you have:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and providing excellent, professional support to our team members for a wide variety of issues
- Some basic technical troubleshooting abilities
- Accurate data entry skills
- Computer navigation skills utilizing Internet using various browsers and other computer applications
- Resilient – ability to remain calm in adverse situations
- Reliable/Dependable by adhering to work-schedule and attendance policy
- Communicates effectively, cooperatively and persuasively
- Treats all team members with respect and dignity
- Prioritizes and executes tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- High level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Prior work in customer service in a call center environment preferred, but not required
- Background check required
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
Travel: No travel required
Work Type/Location: Varies on geographic area of role
Savers is also an eVerify employer