Job title: Community Donation Manager
Who we are:
Savers Value Village™ is a for-profit global retailer that has become a neighborhood home to millions of thrifters across the U.S., Canada and Australia. We got our start nearly 70 years ago with a commitment to reuse, and today, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where shopping secondhand is second nature. We acquire the secondhand merchandise we sell in our stores from our non-profit partners, providing them with critical funding to support their missions. Over the last 5 years, we have paid our non-profit partners more than $615 million for gently-used, secondhand items dropped off at our stores. As a leader in reuse, we diverted nearly 600 million pounds of goods from landfills last year alone, extending the life of those reusable items.
We are also committed to recognizing the uniqueness of each of our team members and customers and to building a community where everyone can feel welcome. We care about your whole health and well-being.
Our benefits offerings include:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
The Community Donation Manager leads a team of Community Donation Center (CDC) Ambassadors to make their Savers store the donation center of choice. They are responsible for promoting brand awareness in their community and developing relationships with and inspiring local organizations to partner with Savers.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma. Post- Secondary degree/diploma preferred.
- Personal Vehicle and a Valid Driver’s License
Essential Job Functions:
Operations -- Ensures an Exceptional Donor Experience at the Store Community Donation Center
- Lead a team of CDC Ambassadors ensure exceptional service and communication of nonprofit partnerships is provided to all donors at the CDC, encouraging them to return.
- Ensures CDC is organized, clean, safe and welcoming; ensures donation flow, storage and staging are always maintained.
- Engages with customers and donors to actively promote Savers’ brand in the store
- Coordinates FunDrive events with production/CDC teams and Sourcing managers, and if appropriate, provides logistic services.
- Partners with the store manager to coordinate incoming supply from all supply sources.
- Partners with Production Manager to help facilitate a manageable supply flow.
- Ensures donations are accurately weighed by classification and accounted for.
- Performs the duties of the CDC Ambassador as required.
- Plans, tracks, and measures donation goals and results.
- Directs and oversees a team of CDC Ambassadors.
- Plans staffing needs; recruits, selects, and trains new CDC Ambassadors.
- Schedules CDC Ambassadors appropriately, ensuring coverage is aligned with expected volume, donor traffic and FunDrives.
- Develops a culture of genuine appreciation for donors and donations at the CDC by ensuring Ambassadors are providing fast, friendly, respectful service, consistently and positively representing the store’s nonprofit partner, and demonstrating the company’s brand and values.
- Observes and coaches team members on the job to ensure understanding of and ability to share stories around the impact of our non-profit partnership.
- Provides regular observation of, interaction with, and coaching and counseling ofCDC Ambassadors to ensure expectations of their job description are met.
Promotes Brand Within the Community
- Educates all team members in the store on Savers’ brand, empowering them to share stories about the business model to customers and the community.
- Drives company promotions and other permitted grassroots efforts inside and outside the store that create community awareness of the CDC, the company brand, and the benefits of donating to Savers.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of racks/carts weighing 50 to 250 pounds using 4 – 10 lbs. of force.
- Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to handle &/or inspect merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team, assist customers.
- Some exposure to hazardous machinery, solvents (cleaners, detergents), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
- Will need to adjust work schedule to the needs of the business, including working some nights, weekends, holidays.
Travel: 5% Travel time required. May sometimes be required to drive to the bank to make deposits and will periodically need to drive to meetings or other stores for business purposes.
560 Boston Providence Highway, Norwood, MA 02062