Assistant Controller Job Description
Savers is seeking an Assistant Controller to lead day to day accounting functions including financial reporting, controls and compliance, close and consolidation, technical accounting. External audit and enterprise software implementation.
The Assistant Controller will complement the current accounting team in ensuring timely and accurate period close and reporting of its financial statements. This role reports to the Controller.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead/mentor/develop team of 10+
- Lead Close/consolidation/internal reporting functions for monthly closing process
- Manage day to day accounting functions
- Manage external audit with external accounting firm
- Implement and lead financial controls/compliance initiatives
- Implement account reconciliation process and software (Blackline)
- Implement consolidation module for ERP – manual to automated consolidation
- Manage monthly reporting processes for BOD/management/internal customers
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, including implementation of new standards and impact on business
- Work closely with all Business Partner within organization regarding all accounting and financial reporting matters
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong internal control knowledge or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements with experience in compliance infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of GAAP – US and international
- Change management /process improvement orientation
- Intellectual curiosity/critical thinking
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and drive results
- High sense of urgency
- Manage multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Ability to execute and implement accounting policies
- ERP implementation experience – Dynamics 365 Financial and PowerBI
- Experience with external audit firm – participation in annual audit process
- External financial statement preparation (10Q/10K helpful but not required)
- Strong technical accounting skills – including international accounting
- Excellent Excel skills
- Report writing skills including research, design and analysis
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience
- Experience in multiunit retail experience a plus
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience and 3-5 years in a similar role
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations a plus
- Process improvement/project management skills a plus
- Some travel required
This position can be located in one of the following locations with travel once a month to our corporate office in Boise, ID:
Pay Range: $147,046 to $220,569
- Las Vegas, NV
- Boise, ID
- Denver, CO
- Seattle, WA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- Salt Lake City, UT
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply.
Healthcare Plans - Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost.
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain).
Paid Time Off
* Actual amount based on position and hours worked
* Increases with length of service
- Part-time = 20 to 40 hours annually
- Full-time = 40 to 80 hours annually
- Holiday Pay
* Based on position and full-time/part-time status
- 6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts - Up to 50% off store merchandise.
Flexible spending accounts - Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Life insurance - Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan.
Performance Merit Increases