Senior Finance Analyst – CPC/ABP
Who we are:
The Savers family of stores is a for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories and household goods. Our Rethink Reuse business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 100 nonprofit organizations by purchasing donated goods from them, which provides a source of revenue to help support their vital community programs and services.
We operate over 300 locations. Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
The Sr. Financial Analyst supports Savers’ vision and exciting growth plans by providing timely, accurate analysis to enable sound business decisions and to maximize financial performance.
What you can expect:
A commitment to protecting the health and safety of our Team Members. Great benefits, paid training, career development, competitive compensation, and a 50% Team Member discount. Our Team is a great one, made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute. Every position at Savers has a positive impact on our Team Members, Customers, Donors, he Community, and the Environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leverage data to uncover actionable insights and support CPC & Supply Leadership execution
- Go deep at the product, store, and market level to promote and standardize best practices
- Conduct product cost and profit margin analyses
- Facilitate production planning and distribution (SOPs) for CPC/ABP markets
- Analyze overhead costs and labor efficiencies for CPC markets
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations to CPC & Supply leadership
- Intellectual curiosity – be a thought leader in the thrift store business
- Communicate effectively across matrix of key stakeholders
- Partner with accounting to standardize management reporting
- Contribute to financial planning and forecasts
- Develop reports to aid in monthly close and financial analysis of CPC locations and Supply channels
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of accounting practices
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office products, including strong Excel, PowerBI, SQL or other analytical tool skills
- Experience with financial statements demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to influence decisions with operational and financial data
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to lead projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Ability to connect complex operational metrics to financial results
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 5 years experience in Finance or a combination of education and experience that yields the required Finance knowledge, skills & abilities
- 2 years of retail or manufacturing experience preferrable
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to communicate and understand the spoken word are important as well
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic)
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Boise, ldaho - Meridian Corporate Office