Pay Scale $101,272 to $151,907
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply.
Healthcare Plans - Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost.
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain).
Paid Time Off
Actual amount based on position and hours worked
Increases with length of service
- Part-time = 20 to 40 hours annually
- Full-time = 40 to 80 hours annually
- Holiday Pay
Based on position and full-time/part-time status
- 6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts - Up to 50% off store merchandise.
Flexible spending accounts - Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Life insurance - Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan.
Performance Merit Increases
SENIOR MANAGER, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, you will join a company passionate about internal communications and employee engagement and will further Savers’ core purpose by inspiring our most important audience: our 22,000 team members across our corporate offices, field and reuse teams, and more than 300 stores in the US, Canada and Australia. This position requires a seasoned corporate communications professional who can support the company’s Chief People Services Officer to help shape, implement and effectively communicate the company’s overall HR communications strategy, initiatives and content. You will help the team position Savers as a global employer of choice and will be responsible for managing internal communications channels, as well as partnering with various stakeholders across the company, including the Senior Director of Marketing, to communicate corporate communications in a timely and effective manner.
Success in this hands-on role includes deep knowledge of our business and a focus on connecting our team members to our values, key business initiatives and achievements with engaging, relatable and authentic storytelling across multiple platforms. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record creating and executing impactful, internally facing communications in medium to large organizations, preferably in the retail sector supporting HR business partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partners with the company’s Chief People Services Officer to craft communication in support of global HR strategies and corporate initiatives, including but not limited to diversity, equity and inclusion, team member engagement and benefits communications. Works to measure the effectiveness of communications and to constantly improve their impact.
- Serve as primary point of contact for HR business partners seeking to communicate messages across the company and to external audiences (i.e. hiring); provide strategic guidance to ensure messages are accurate, clear, and communicated effectively
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the company to effectively drive the development of internal communication plans for business line priorities; identify where there may be communications gaps and/or needs and works to adjust plans as needed
- Maintains master HR communications calendar inclusive of department communications
- Lead the internal communications rhythm and approach by creating and maintaining core content; write, prepare and distribute communications including executive memos, organizational announcements, newsletters – as well as partner with in-house videographer and creative design teams to develop compelling visual storytelling (i.e. video and digital assets)
- Support work to shape and manage the company’s overall employment brand to promote and enhance the organization’s reputation, including the company’s LinkedIn content and other owned channel strategies, including external HR & hiring websites
- Seek to assess, understand and leverage new technology and evolving communication methods
- Assist in development of content, management of communications editorial calendar for our digital workplace employee engagement platform (FirstUp)
- Support with coordinating company-wide events and meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing and strategic planning skills combined with a sense of urgency, flexibility and strong attention to detail
- Applies strategic thinking to every project and maintaining a clear focus on business priorities
- Ability to understand complex topics and use strong communication skills to distill details into simple and actionable communications for large audiences
- Strategic thinker, strong communicator and trusted partner who excels in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills a must with the ability to be flexible and balance, prioritize and deliver results under tight deadlines and ambiguity
- Ability to partner with, guide, and field requests from multiple business partners
- Ability to anticipate issues and proactively recommend strategic solutions
- Business maturity, confidentiality, and experience in working with senior executives
- Positively contributes as part of a team in an evolving work environment with a can-do, learning mindset
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or a related field or work experience
- 8+ years of experience in internal and HR communications support
- Prior experience supporting frontline audiences preferred
- Technical proficiency in communication platforms and content management tools preferred but not required (i.e., FirstUp, Facebook Marketplace, poppulo, Beekeeper)
- Strong command of MSWord, Outlook, PowerPoint and working knowledge of SharePoint
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic)
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Hybrid work environment, working remotely and/or at the Savers headquarters located at 11004 SE 6th St, Bellevue, WA 98004