The Manager Accounting SG & A (selling, general and administration) provides technical accounting support to the business and executive team by researching technical accounting matters and providing guidance on the proper accounting treatment of transactions and accounting pronouncements. Provide guidance and supports the closing/consolidation process and assist with the external audit process. This role reports to the Assistant Controller.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure timely research and accurate implementation of new US GAAP standards
- Define and establish worldwide accounting policies and procedures for new US GAAP standards and assist with implementation
- Assist and advise on the timely and accurate documentation of significant and non-routine accounting transactions and events
- Perform special projects and identify and analyze specific problem areas and make recommendations for corrective actions
- Assist in the preparation/review of periodic accounting entries and reconciliations
- Perform analytical review of financial results, ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Participate in statutory accounting audits with external accounting firm
- Business partner to organization regarding functional questions/interactions
- Determine the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions via research and appropriate written documentation.
- Identifies, recommends and implements accounting process improvements to support the company goals and objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements and controls/compliance infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of GAAP – US and international
- Change management
- Intellectual curiosity/critical thinking
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and drive results
- Strong sense of urgency
- Manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Process improvement/idea generation/implementation
- Experience with external audit firm – participation in annual audit process
- Excellent Excel skills
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA a plus
- Minimum of 15 years accounting experience
- 5+ years of public accounting experience or 3+ years in a similar role
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations a plus
- Process improvement/project management skills a plus
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.