Pay Range: $14.20 to $19.54
Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
Supports Savers vision by assisting drivers to properly unload donations onto carts in the warehouse, separating soft and hard goods, large items and furniture, weighing carts, organizing full carts in warehouse, accurately completing route paperwork with weights and truck checks of empty trucks, loading trailers according to specific Savers guidelines, continuously recording product weights and type while loading trailers, assist with daily counting and entry of Stock on Hand. Assist in loading/unloading trucks for transfers to stores.
Essential Job Functions:
- Loads and unloads trucks/trailers according to Management directions
- Stacks boxes and bags on carts for weight verification
- Stack large items in designated area
- Place furniture in designated area
- Responsible for ensuring aisles and walk ways are clean and free from debris.
- Accurately use a calculator to deduct or add tare weights to loaded carts of products to determine net weights
- Record cart numbers, weights, and unload times on driver route forms
- Complete Savers Delivery Reports with all required information
- Daily count and record on proper form, all stock on hand in warehouse and in trailers
- Checks forklifts to ensure proper safety and work conditions are in compliance with Savers policies and state laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned including housekeep of office and restrooms
What you have:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, state and Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task several incoming and outgoing truck loads at any one given time
- Ability to create receiving logs and load sheets
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Dock or warehouse experience a plus
- Forklift training certification
- Proper lifting procedures and techniques
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
- Ability to pull or push loaded carts onto scale for weighing
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment including extreme temperatures
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift continuously to complete daily tasks
Travel: Related to position only within geographical area and essential functions or other areas as assigned
Work Type/Location: Varies on geographic area of role
Savers is an eVerify employer