Pay Range: $67,670 to $98,799
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply
Work Address: Remote, Work from Home
Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain)
Paid Time Off
- Actual amount based on position and hours worked
- Increases with length of service
- 40 to 80 hours annually
- Based on position and full-time/part-time status
- 6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts
Up to 50% off store merchandise
Flexible spending accounts
Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance
Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan
Performance Merit Increases
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
This position is responsible for the distribution of goods to maximize profit, increasing efficiencies of partners and stores through training, and coordinating with stores, RSCM, partners to ensure seamless and timely flow of goods. They work as the primary liaison for both stores and the logistics functions of local non-profit partner network.
Essential Job Functions:
- Independently analyze, prioritize, and provide recommendations of types of product that maximize store operating profit through supply.
- Troubleshoots and coordinates support for the day-to-day business partnerships with stores, team members, Non-Profits, Vendors, and external customers to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Provide comprehensive training for Non-Profit Partners and internal team members.
- Establish, teach, and review all relevant policies and procedures including Supply Source Yield, SOH Forecaster Tool, CDC standards, etc., to minimize legal exposure and supply chain/material handling costs and maximize product margin.
- Prepare and assist in writing business plans for Non-Profit Collection Programs that include all aspects of the collection of clothing and household operation.
- Interact with partners to facilitate and accelerate getting marketing approvals from Partners.
- Coordinate distribution of product and schedules through Dedicated Delivery Plan and IMT to maximize efficiencies and control costs.
- Complete audit for store and logistic locations to ensure accurate paperwork and partner payments and policies and procedures are abided by.
- Conducts analysis and makes business recommendations based on audit findings and results to management.
- Track Partner performance to contractual agreement.
- Resolve delivery discrepancies between the stores and partners to ensure proper monies paid and avoid excessive cost.
- Other functions may be assigned.
What you have:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate self-prioritization, analytical, forecasting and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to compile, prepare and provide data in a clear and accurate format.
- Advanced knowledge of day-to-day household collection.
- Expert level computer skills of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate organization skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to identify needs and recommend solutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within the Savers culture and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers, non-profit partners, and vendors. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Experience in similar jobs with heavy data analysis with one to three years’ experience
- Ability to travel in various geographical areas 30 to 50% of the time, ability to work flexible schedule that could require early morning or evening timeframes
- Must be able to drive a box truck if needed
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to bend, raise hands above head, and navigate getting on and off a delivery truck
FLSA Status: Exempt
Travel: 25% to 35% required for the role.
Work Address: Remote/Work from home - Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Long Island NY - preference given to Boston, MA