Call Center Supervisor
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this individual provides front line leadership directing 5-15 Customer Service Specialists supporting the day-to-day operations of call center operations in the areas of outbound, inbound, quality assurance, customer/donor services, or other related operational activity. The Call Center Supervisor utilizes generally accepted team leadership methods and approved procedures to achieve expected quality, productivity and throughput.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises, coordinates, directs, and monitors staff activities to ensure that prompt, courteous, and accurate responses are provided to donors.
- Monitors team production, efficiency and quality metrics and provides feedback to the Team Manager on performance compared to expectation.
- Handles complex and escalated customer service issues.
- Provides training and coaching support to reinforce successful team member behaviors and identify opportunities for performance improvement.
- Conducts monthly touch base meetings with each team member regarding their previous month’s performance.
- Prepares and delivers performance reviews for assigned team members.
- In conjunction with Quality Assurance, ensures adherence to departmental and/or call/service center policies, procedures, and practices.
- Creates and maintains a positive, respectful work environment for the team members.
- Prioritizes and assigns work to team members and initiates corrective measures to resolve problems including attendance and work schedules when needed.
- Manages volume for managed partners and works with Operations Manager to strategically increase volume.
- Maintains and manages Outbound, DM Callbacks and SMS databases.
- Supervises SMS team and explores ways to improve conversion percentages and increase donor opt-ins.
- Takes lead on process improvement initiatives to ensure deadlines are met and reports results to managers.
- Perform administrative duties on the Genesys calling platform.
- Updating and auditing internal documentation and partner websites.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates effectively, cooperatively and persuasively.
- Nurtures a cooperative, team-oriented environment.
- Treats all team members and donors with respect and dignity.
- Prioritizes and executes tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop, evaluate and motivate team members.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of call center technologies such as dialer, IVR, ACD, and workforce management.
- Working knowledge of Access, SQL and other database software.
- High level organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and assist all call center departments.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma and two (2) or more years of experience in a high-volume call center environment.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Experience in a blended call center, inbound and outbound call handling, a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Internet Explorer.
- Flexibility in schedule which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, headset, webcam.
- This position is remote, candidate must reside in El Paso, Texas.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.