Job Title: Call Center Team Lead
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this individual provides front line leadership directing 5-15 Customer Service Specialists supporting the day-to-day operations of call center operations in the areas of outbound, inbound, quality assurance, customer/donor services, or other related operational activity. The Team Lead utilizes generally accepted team leadership methods and approved procedures to achieve expected quality, productivity and throughput.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support to staff and monitors staff activities to ensure that prompt, courteous, and accurate responses are provided to donors
- Works with Supervisors with monitoring team production, efficiency and quality metrics and provides feedback to the Supervisor on performance compared to expectation
- Handles complex and escalated customer service issues
- Assists Supervisor in providing training and coaching support to reinforce successful team member behaviors and identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Assists Supervisor in conducting monthly touch base meetings with each team member regarding their previous month’s performance
- In conjunction with Quality Assurance, ensures adherence to departmental and/or call/service center policies, procedures, and practices
- Creates and maintains a positive, respectful work environment for team members
- Assists supervisors in prioritizing and assigning work to team members
- Assists with inbound calls during high call volumes
What you have:
- Communicates effectively, cooperatively and persuasively
- Nurtures a cooperative, team-oriented environment
- Treats all team members and donors with respect and dignity
- Prioritizes and executes tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop, evaluate and motivate team members
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of call center technologies such as dialer, IVR, ACD, and workforce management
- High level organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and utilize work-related systems
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma and two (2) or more years of experience in a high-volume call center environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office products such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel to include internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.)
- Flexibility in schedule which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Work Type/Location: Remote
Savers is an eVerify employer