Logistics Center Supervisor
Reports To: Logistics Center Manager or Assistant Logistics Center Manager (depending on local structure and organization size)
- Drivers (up to 20 or more); management and admin staff
Supports Savers vision by assisting in the daily management of a regional domicile of truck drivers, equipment and associated support staff. At the direction of the Logistics Center Manager (or ATCM) works with Sourcing and area store management to ensure proper and timely flow of goods to the stores in a given geography; may also be responsible for collecting donations for shipment to other areas of the country. May also oversee a small warehouse with associated personnel and activities in support of product collection, storage and movement to stores. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies such as DOT, OSHA and DOL.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability and experience in transportation, distribution or logistics (minimum 2 years experience preferred)
- Working understanding of DOT regulations
- Working knowledge of Logistics equipment
- Some knowledge of planning and optimizing truck routes, dispatching processes and procedures and of the supporting software for those processes in the Logistics industry
- Working knowledge of receiving and shipping procedures and methodology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators within Logistics and distribution operations
- Working knowledge of CSA 2010
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated supervisory, management and leadership skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to lead a diverse work group in a physical labor environment under pressure situations and time constraints.
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to make or influence decisions
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Ability to participate on and lead projects
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Essential Job Functions: Under the direction of the TCM
- Oversees daily Logistics activities, including drivers dispatch, and warehouse as required, per the operational plan and budget;
- Responsible for the performance, productivity and safety of all Logistics employees per company policies and/or established standards;
- Oversees and directs the safety and training programs; responsible for enhancing regulatory compliance (DOT, FMCSA, OSHA);
- Oversees employee time & scheduling, forecasting and allocation,
- Investigates and follows up all accident and injury incidents;
- Assists in ongoing communications with drivers on a group (e.g., weekly meetings) and individual basis;
- Reviews daily driver route schedule and truck assignments;
- As applicable oversees loading/unloading logistics at the warehouse
- Monitors key performance indicators tracking operational performance; recommends change to drive improvements in same
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of data collection and reporting as well as efficiency of overall operational data management systems
- May be required to Supervise the warehouse staff in the execution and delivery of services
- Executes established operational processes and procedures to achieve outstanding results.
- Ensures facility maintenance and security.
- Participates on department or companywide projects in support of the company goals and objectives.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years experience in transportation, distribution and/or logistics management
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- May be required to lift up to 70 lbs
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Transportation specific software
- Mapping devises and on-board computers
- Fax machine
- Copy Machine
|Savers is an eVerify employer.