Job Title: GreenDrop Attendant
Who we are:
GreenDrop® is rapidly expanding to make donating lightly used clothing and household items easy, convenient, and eco-friendly.
By partnering with nonprofit organizations, we redirect millions of pounds of quality, pre-owned items away from landfills and back into closets and homes for reuse.
GreenDrop® accepts donations on behalf of our nonprofit partners and pays them for those items, providing critical funding for their missions. Community donated goods are then given a second chance to be loved again in local thrift stores. Learn more about GreenDrop® at gogreendrop.com.
[Footnote disclosure: GreenDrop® is a for-profit company and registered professional fundraiser where required.]
What you can expect:
· To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
· An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
· We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
- The GreenDrop Site Attendant role is critical to our success and helps to ensure that we reach our goal of providing exceptional service to our donors each and every day.
- The Site Attendant will lead by example and demonstrate our Company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
Independently and collaboratively interact with donors while using a positive, optimistic, and intelligent technique.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Always greet donors in a friendly manner, in full GreenDrop uniform.
- Engage in pleasant conversation while acquiring donations from donors by utilizing the bin.
- Assist donors with their donations and help to unload their vehicles.
- Wear a tablet holder while recording donor information on the company iPad.
- Assist truck driver during donation pick-ups.
- Organize donations in the stock room.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the site, both inside and outside.
- Fill out supply orders to keep the site stocked with the necessary tools for job completion.
- Other duties assigned by the manager.
- Must be able to be on-site during working hours.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Have an outstanding ability to interact with people.
- Strong desire to provide magnificent service.
- Able and willing to lift up to 50lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to work in outside conditions within the different seasons.
- Positive mindset, Punctual, Strong sense of urgency and able to take initiative in Job Duties.
- Must possess a strong ability to positively communicate and interact with donors, co-workers, and management.
Minimum Age Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
FLSA: This is an hourly position.
Work Type/Location: University Mall, Fairfax, VA
GreenDrop is an eVerify employer