Location: Fife, WA, United States
Job ID: 2019-16557
Job Title: Traffic Coordinator I
Pay range: $21.01 to $25.01 per hour
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply
Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain)
Paid Time Off
Team member discounts
Up to 50% off store merchandise
Flexible spending accounts
Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance
Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan
Performance Merit Increases
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Supports Savers vision by performing the day-to-day role related to export and domestic transportation support for recycling sales from the U.S., Canada, and Australia locations.
What you have:
• Working knowledge of all facets of export ocean transportation
• Working knowledge of import license requirements for various countries and how to obtain foreign import licenses information from each foreign country’s embassy
• Working knowledge of U.S import and export customs regulations with the ability to seek out industry resources as needed
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Demonstrated organization skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Ability to interpret international shipping tariffs.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
• Ability to work within Savers culture
What you’ll be working on:
• Selects transportation carriers and determines export shipment set-up. Manages the export process by making export bookings, creating origin motor carrier dispatch orders and scheduling load appointments.
• Schedules export license inspections, fumigations and other government regulated inspections as required.
• Ensures shipments meet establishes requirements by confirming shipment piece counts and weights, submitting ocean carrier bill of lading instructions, preparing customer shipment document package and ensuring delivery to customer.
• Maintains international transportation records on all shipments for customs and accounting validation purposes.
• Updates vendor invoice payments timely and accurately into the accounting system.
• Monitors and communicates shipment details to the Recycling Department that includes developing and updating tracking documents to report in-transit activity.
• Collaborates with the Accounting Department to resolve issues with invoices.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 - 3 years’ experience in export transportation or freight forwarding.
• Ability to work overtime.
Tools and Equipment Used:
• Laptop or desktop computer
• Copy or fax machine
4101 K Industry Dr E, Fife, WA 98424
Savers is an eVerify employer.