Who we are:
With nearly 22,000 team members Savers is on a mission to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. The Savers family of stores is a for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories and household goods. Our Rethink Reuse business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 100 nonprofit organizations by purchasing donated goods from them, which provides a source of revenue to help support their vital community programs and services.
We operate over 300 locations. Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven and community-based company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the environment and society.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store growth plans, we recognize the criticality of developing the capability our talent as 80% of our management positions are filled from within.
You’ll be working on:
Accountable to ensure the equipment in the Central Processing Centre (CPC) such as conveyor belts, balers, distribution chutes, forklifts, crates, strapping machines, etc., is kept clean and in good repair. Directs and supervises the work of designated team members. The Maintenance Supervisor Central Processing Center is guided by the Savers Vision and Core Values. Reports to the General Manager, CPC
Daily Maintenance & Tracking
- Conducts daily inspections and prioritizes findings as necessary.
- Identifies and documents any components that show early wear in and coordinates with appropriate vendors for replacement.
- Performs all required daily maintenance tasks prescribed by manufacturer such as lubrication, cleaning, and other key points as outlined in the service literature.
- Performs minor repairs as assigned by the department manager and/or manufacturer.
- Performs routine maintenance on forklifts (including batteries) and scales as needed. Reloads wire into balers.
- Regularly inspects and replaces lightbulbs, stair treads, overpass traction tape, and safety tape on the facility floor.
- Completes and retains logs of all performed equipment maintenance, whether completed internally or by outside vendor. Completes daily log and checklist of maintenance duties each shift.
- Coordinates daily activities with either the General Manager, the I&O department, Facilities, Safety, or other SSC departments as the situation requires
Repairs and Troubleshooting
- Assesses all machinery failures and malfunctions.
- Diagnoses and makes emergency repairs on machinery as needed and if authorized to do so,including clearing jams, cleaning sensors, cleaning parts, etc.
- Rapidly escalates more significant issues to the appropriate party to minimize equipment shutdowns during operating hours.
- Coordinates repairs when an outside specialist is required.
- Inspects pallets and shipping crates for integrity issues (particularly the hinges and latches) and repairs as needed.
- Emergencies and some maintenance may require work to be completed outside normal operating hours.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma
- Trade or mechanical certification preferred.
- Results-driven industrial supervisory experience (external candidates).
- Must possess/obtain a forklift trainer certificate.
- May be required to obtain specific certification(s) at the Company’s expense, as needed
- Knowledge of Programmable Logics Control (PLC), pneumatics, conveyance, is an asset.
- Able and willing to safely, cautiously, and efficiently navigate work environment that may include large industrial machinery, heavy equipment and product, elevated uneven surfaces and heights, and moving forklifts.
Savers is an eVerify employer
(Champlin/Brooklyn Park) 10750 Xylon Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445.