Job Title: Sourcing Specialist
Pay range: $25.01 - $35.51
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply
Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain)
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation time begins accruing on hire date
Accrual rate ranges from .019 to .038 per regular hour worked
Based on position and full-time/part-time status
6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts
Up to 50% off store merchandise
Flexible spending accounts
Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance
Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan
Performance Merit Increases
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
What you’ll be working on:
The Sourcing Specialist position is responsible for providing Sourcing ad hoc analysis and reporting and leading the contract process between legal and the Regional Supply Chain Managers. This position manages projects and communication of the Sourcing and company objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
Prepares, updates and manages contract process with Regional Supply Chain Managers, Savers Legal team, non-profit partners and vendors
·Conducts analysis and makes business recommendations based on results
· Proactively communicates key data to internal partners
· Prepares and analyzes ad hoc and routine sourcing reports.
· Analyzes, researches and resolves supplier payment inquiries
· Manages a high volume of requests and prioritizes according to business needs
· Prepares and maintains communications with external non-profit partners and vendors to ensure the sourcing and operational goals, policies and procedures are met
·Troubleshoots and coordinates support and services for stores, team members, non-profit partners, vendors and external customers
·Manages supply chain projects (includes coordinating internal resources, assisting in the definition of scope and objectives, tracking progress and ensuring projects are delivered on-time)
·Develops and prepares non-profit partner presentations and business reviews
·Develops and maintains database information on non-profit partners and vendors
·Proactively initiates process improvements
·Contributes to the development of team goals
·Provides support to the Sourcing Team and other departments
·Other functions may be assigned
What you have:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel (including pivot tables and Vlookups), Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Power BI
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers, non-profit partners and vendors
· Demonstrated organization skills
· Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to compile, prepare, and provide data in a clear and accurate format
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Ability to assist team members with projects, correspondence and reports
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Highly detail-oriented
·Ability to identify needs and recommend solutions
·Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
·Ability to work within the Savers culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· 2+ years of finance, accounting, project management or supply chain experience
FLSA: Non Exempt
Travel: Less than 5%
Work Type/ Location: Remote US
Savers is an E-Verify employer