Job Title: Senior Technical Accountant
Pay range: $82,649.00 - $123,148.00
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply
Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain)
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation time begins accruing on hire date
Accrual rate ranges from .019 to .038 per regular hour worked
Based on position and full-time/part-time status
6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts
Up to 50% off store merchandise
Flexible spending accounts
Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance
Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan
Performance Merit Increases
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
What you’ll be working on:
The Senior Technical Accountant provides technical accounting support to the business and executive team by researching technical accounting matters and providing guidance on the proper accounting treatment of transactions and accounting pronouncements. This role will work closely with our Controller group on complex non-routine accounting and reporting issues. This role reports to the SEC Reporting Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for performing complex accounting, including debt and derivative instrument accounting and accounting for share-based compensation.
- Determine the proper accounting treatment of complex or unusual transactions.
- Assist and advise on the timely and accurate documentation of significant and non-routine accounting transactions and events.
- Responsible for accounting policies and procedures for new US GAAP standards and assist with implementation.
- Assist with quarterly and annual SEC reporting.
- Business partner to organization regarding functional questions/interactions.
- Identifies, recommends and implements accounting process improvements to support the company goals and objectives.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis.
What you have:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP. Experience with debt, derivative and share-based compensation accounting a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity/critical thinking
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and drive results
- Strong sense of urgency
- Manage multiple responsibilities
- Process improvement/idea generation/implementation
- Experience with external audit firm – participation in annual audit process
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in accounting or finance
- CPA license or working towards a CPA license required
- Minimum of 4 years accounting experience required
- Knowledge of SEC Forms 10-K and 10-Q a plus
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations a plus
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience preferred
Travel: Less than 5%
Work Type/ Location: Remote US
Savers is an E-Verify employer