Location: Midvale, UT, United States
Job ID: 2019-17128
Job Title: Community Donation Manager
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
What you’ll be working on:
Accountable for the overall management and direction of the processes associated with the day-to-day functions of the Community Donation Center to make Savers the donation center of choice. Upholds company standards, regulations, and laws throughout all donor areas of the store (inside and outside), remaining aware of donor needs and monitoring and ensuring fast, friendly, and respectful service at point of donation. Responsible for promoting brand awareness in their community and developing relationships with and inspiring local organizations to partner with Savers. Manages a team of Community Donation Center Ambassadors. The Community Donation Manager is guided by the Savers Vision and Core Values.
Donation Center Operations
• Ensures CDC is organized, clean, safe, and welcoming; ensures donation flow, storage and staging are always maintained.
• Partners with the Production Manager/Store Manager to manage donation flow from the CDC into the production room to help facilitate a manageable supply flow at all times.
• Engages with customers and donors to actively promote Savers’ brand both in the store and in the community as required.
• Ensures donations are accurately weighed by classification and accounted for.
• Plans, tracks, and measures donation goals and results.
• Uses the CDC Scheduler and Daily Planner to schedule CDC Ambassadors appropriately, ensuring coverage is aligned with expected volume and donor traffic.
• Utilizes, in accordance with Savers standards, branded sign packages and all other company approved materials that promote the Savers brand.
• Leverages Voice of the Customer Program to improve donor satisfaction.
• Performs the duties of the CDC Ambassador as required.
Leadership and Development
• Leads, directs, and supervises the work of CDC Ambassadors.
• Plans staffing needs; recruits, selects, and trains new CDC Ambassadors.
• Regularly interacts, trains, coaches, and counsels the CDC Ambassadors. Provides recognition and candid feedback. Addresses complaints and solves issues.
• Develops a culture of genuine appreciation for donors and donations at the CDC by ensuring Ambassadors are providing fast, friendly, respectful service, consistently and positively representing the store’s nonprofit partner, and demonstrating the company’s brand and values.
• Identifies and develops high potential team members for supervisory and management positions through on-the-job, guided work.
• Role models and maintains a respectful, values-driven workplace that adheres to all Savers’ Policies and Procedures.
• Functions as an active member of the management team
• Delivers a positive and unforgettable donor experience by training, coaching, and role-modeling donor service expectations to CDC Ambassadors.
• Continuously assesses the donor areas, and directs team member activity, to ensure that standards are met. Sets the pace of work.
• Actively engages with the donor by seeking firsthand feedback to make improvements to all aspects of the donor experience. Responds to donor questions, requests, and complaints.
• Educates all team members in the store on Savers’ brand, empowering them to share stories about the business model to customers and the community.
• Works with store team in promoting awareness of our non-profit partner, joint brands, and community impact.
• Drives company promotions and other permitted grassroots efforts inside and outside the store that create community awareness of the CDC, the company brand, and the benefits of donating to Savers.
• Partners with the Sourcing team to lead or assist in Fundrive events as needed.
• Networks within the community through grassroots efforts to share the Savers story and promote awareness.
What you have:
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Mathematical skills.
• Ability to communicate well in both verbal and written forms.
• Ability to observe, assess and coach the work of others.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or verbal form.
• Ability to reason, make decisions, and use independent judgment in various situations.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
• High School diploma: post-Secondary degree/diploma preferred.
• Experience managing people preferred.
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of racks/carts weighing 50 to 250 pounds using 4 – 10 lbs. of force.
• Frequent reaching out in various levels/directions to inspect/handle merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team.
• Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding, writing on documents/forms, merchandise & pricing inspection.
• Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending, and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to handle &/or inspect merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team.
• Frequently required to read written & electronic documents and product labels.
• Continuous need to hear and verbally communicate in order to interact with and respond to management, team members and customers. Will need to hear requests in person and via intercom and telephone.
• Will occasionally be exposed to hazardous machinery (compactor, baler, Big Joe), solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (Microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
• Will need to adjust work schedule to the needs of the business, including working some nights, weekends, holidays.
• Able and willing to safely, cautiously, and efficiently navigate work environment that may include large industrial machinery, heavy equipment and product, elevated and uneven surfaces, and heights, and moving forklifts.
• Frequent reaching to various levels and directions to move/stack boxes of product, move product on and off hangers, rails and carts and stock product on display racks/shelves.
• Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding and merchandise ticketing/movement activities.
• Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to stack and/or stock product(s) on display racks.
Travel: Will periodically need to drive to meetings or other stores for business purposes.
Location: 39 W 7200 S, Midvale, UT 84047
Savers is an E-Verify employer.