Job Title: Operations Services Manager
Pay range: $88,062.00 - $132,093.00
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply
Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain)
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation time begins accruing on hire date
Accrual rate ranges from .019 to .038 per regular hour worked
Based on position and full-time/part-time status
6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts
Up to 50% off store merchandise
Flexible spending accounts
Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance
Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan
Performance Merit Increases
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
What you’ll be working on:
The Operations Services Manager will be responsible to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met. This job supports the Store Support/Operations Services department and Savers vision by partnering with individuals throughout the SSC and Store Operations to ensure store and operations leadership alignment of new initiatives and existing company policies and standards. It supports the vetting process to ensure all projects and initiatives are 100% operational via testing, pilot and companywide rollout. It supports centralized communications to stores from the SSC to ensure clear understanding and execution of company expectations, and provides support to the Director, Internal Store Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partners with store operations team to ensure alignment of new initiatives with core operations.
- Plans and executes the start up and development of new operational initiatives, with the assigned PM(s) and cross functional leads, to coordinate the development and deployment of successful new initiatives into the core operational processes.
- Collaborates with store management, DM’s and RD’s to build consensus and validate proper execution of the project/initiative, ensuring ROI is achieved and the business anticipated results are met.
- Participates on and leads department and companywide projects in support of company goals and objectives.
- Develops ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Researches and evaluates operational standards, procedures and best practices. Obtains approvals, implements improvements and monitors processes.
- Builds, maintains, and manages internal relationships and ensures consistent communications; works with support network to resolve issues.
- Primary point of communication from all support functions to our stores and leadership to ensure one source of reference and truth via established devices such as the MCD and My Store Page.
- Stays current and up to date on any planned/recommended changes that may affect store processes and procedures and advises others of any impact.
- Serves as a resource to provide general support to store management/leadership teams on new projects/initiatives as well as existing business standards.
- Ensures a governed/digestible flow of required process and procedural change/assignments and communicates any possible issues/problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Monitors store operations to ensure continuous improvement opportunities are captured, formally documented, and posted in an accessible manner within an SOP format.
- Works collaboratively to engage with stakeholders and vendors regarding new projects and initiatives and advises regarding the projected impact of change on store operations activities.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Provides support to Director, Internal Store Operations.
What you have:
- Working knowledge of Savers store operations standards and practices including sales, production, merchandising, purchasing, accounting, sourcing, reporting, safety, etc.
- Working knowledge of the thrift and recycling/rags industry
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders in the field, peers and within support functions including vendors .
- Demonstrated skills in customer needs analysis and industry specific program development
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to influence or recommend strategic decisions
- Ability to think and act as a business owner
- Ability to participate in and lead projects
- Analytical, detail-oriented with strong proven problem-solving abilities.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan, multi-task and deliver against project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively orally and in writing at all levels throughout the organization.
- Flexible, self-starter, motivated and proactive individual with the ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work within the Savers culture.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to communicate and understand the spoken word are important as well, for example:
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Travel: 5% or less
Work Type/ Location: Hybrid Remote in Greater Seattle Area
Savers is an E-Verify employer