Job Title: Construction Manager
Pay range: $101,272.00 - $151,907.00
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply
Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain)
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation time begins accruing on hire date
Accrual rate ranges from .019 to .038 per regular hour worked
Based on position and full-time/part-time status
6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts
Up to 50% off store merchandise
Flexible spending accounts
Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance
Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan
Performance Merit Increases
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
What you’ll be working on:
The Construction Manager supports Savers vision by managing the build out of new stores, off-site production facilities, Green Drops, store remodels and sub-tenant related construction. This position reports to the Sr. Manager Construction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages all construction of new, relocation, remodel, refresh and miscellaneous projects to meet Savers standards, budget, timing and all applicable code compliance.
- Complete due diligence, in coordination with Real Estate Department and Store Planning to verify feasibility, condition and estimated cost of new stores.
- Prepare project construction budgets and cost estimates.
- Review and approve construction related lease documents with the Leasing/Real Estate Departments.
- Assist Store Planning in creating initial space planning and fixture layouts.
- Manages all projects to include: permitting, bidding, construction, fixture installation, obtaining Certificate of Occupancy and turn-over to Store Operations.
- Manage general contractors, sign vendor and other material vendors to meet budget and provide best in class value to Savers.
- Responsible for all construction budgets pay outs and collection of Tenant allowance.
- Responsible for communication to Company of construction schedules and Operations turn over.
- Coordinates with multiple Project Supervisors and/or Store Planning Coordinators to cross functionally support the responsibilities of the SP&D Department.
What you have:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- Working knowledge of interpreting lease documents
- Demonstrated building construction skills including project due diligence, scheduling and estimating
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to create and analyze budgets
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) helpful
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction, or related field preferred; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 5+ years construction management experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Travel: Approximately 75%
Work Type/ Location: Hybrid Remote in United States
Savers is an E-Verify employer