1930 Energy Park Dr St. Paul, MN 55108
Supports Savers vision by operating a tractor and trailer to maintain and accomplish a daily delivery and pick-up truck route to supply the Distribution Center with goods to export.
Job Description and Skills Needed:
- Delivers and picks up trailers and goods in the metro area Savers/Unique stores, Store Support Center and other vendors’ stores according to a pre-determined route.
- Moves and spots trailers within the yard according to specific instruction by the Logistics Manager.
- Creates bills of lading according to individual store pick-ups.
- Maintains and records information (log of hours) regarding truck maintenance and performance.
- Checks vehicles to ensure proper safety and work conditions are in compliance with Savers’ policies and State laws.
- Learn and perform other duties within the Distribution Center operations
- Establish working relationships with each stores’ Production Supervisors and Team Members
- Certified forklift operator.
- Working knowledge of OSHA. and DOT regulations
- Demonstrate organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to operate a tractor, dual trailers and up to a 53’ trailer with air brakes
- Ability to load and unload trailers
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task several incoming and outgoing truck loads at any given time
- Ability to create drivers logs and reports
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture and follow company policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years’ experience driving with Class A Tractor with Air Brake Endorsement plus Duals
- Class A Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement and current medical card
- 3 - 5 years with a clean driving record
- Forklift Certified