Job Title: Route Truck Driver
The Route Truck Driver supports Savers’ vision by operating a truck for a route collection program and represents the organization and its charity partners in a professional manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drivers are responsible for completing residential collection routes by safely maneuvering and operating a 16-foot box truck through residential streets and tight spaces to pick up clothing, small furniture and other household items.
- Daily functions include but are not limited to truck inspections, mapping, lifting, carrying and loading large and/or odd shaped items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- This role requires accurate record keeping of route data, driver’s log and truck maintenance records.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- 2-3 years’ experience driving 16’ or 18’ box trucks preferred, but not required
- No more than 1 moving violation on your MVR in the last 3 years
- Strong working knowledge managing two-way communications and operating GPS devices
- Working knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Candidate must be able to pass DOT exam, background check and drug test
- CDL License is not required
- $17/hour starting pay
- Full time hours, Monday thru Friday schedule
- Healthcare Benefits, Overtime Pay, Paid Vacation and Holidays
1246 Saline St Kansas City, MO 64116