*This position must be 18 years or older due to the operation of machinery.
The purpose of this position is to receive onsite donations according to company procedures and in a manner that positively represents our nonprofit partnership, to maintain a clean and well-organized onsite donation receiving area(s), to provide support to the recycler (where applicable).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acknowledges and greats donors in a friendly, welcoming manner; assists customers with donated merchandise, including unloading donations from vehicle, thanks the donor on behalf of the Non-Profit Partner.
- Treat donated items respectfully and tactfully turns away product that we do not accept and offers alternative donation location information
- Communicates the company’s Non-Profit Partnership
- Maintains the OSD receiving area and register-area inclusive of preparation for the store opening and closing per defined set up criteria, ensures cleanliness, communicates daily donor counts / conditions requiring attention.
- Ensures management team member verifies all OSD labeled cartage and reports any discrepancies.
- May be required to operate trash compactor, baler and/or forklift
- Regularly meets processing targets as assigned by production manager (PM); works PM to improve donations.
- May assist as a truck driver helper or unloader. May be asked to physically drive our trucks; therefore, must have a valid driver’s license and cleared for a medical card. CDL is not required.
- Inventories and orders all necessary ADS supplies
- Immediately notify supervisor of any site visitor inquiring about our business (i.e., gov, fire, LL, solicitations etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys interacting with customer; Makes eye contact, smiles, greets customers
- Can communicate thoughts and idea effectively
- Able to perform duties and physical task of the function
- Ability to read and write; basic math skills
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent eye-hand coordination for the operation of machinery
- Service-oriented with cheerful personality
- Reliable transportation and commitment to attendance and punctuality
- Willing and able to work weekend days as regular part of the position schedule
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Satisfactorily pass physical and background exams
- Ability to work within Savers Culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Experience in customer service
- Employment background demonstrating experience working with minimal supervision
Physical and Weather Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. frequently throughout the day; lifting and carrying with a hand truck 100-150 lbs.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate large machinery
- Ability to work outside in widely varying and at times extreme weather conditions as defined in the ADS Operational and Safety expectations