Supports Savers vision by assisting in the planning, scheduling, of Capital Projects. Development of process and project manuals. This job supports the Store Planning & Development department and contributes to the overall success of the Construction/Store Planning/Merchandising/Facility/Store Set-Up teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directly responsible for developing and producing Store Planning or Interior Planning floor plans and construction documents with general direction.
- Make specific scope of work and design Calculations.
- Directly responsible for project based quality, schedule and production objectives.
- Manage documentation, communication and QA/QC relative to assigned role A&E discipline. Review A&E documents for compliance with SPD documents.
- Assist in scope development. Make recommendations relative to scope of work for Remodels and non-prototypical applications based on age & condition, sales history, and other relevant factual data.
- Assist manager of store planning with project management duties to include creation of project plans, take off’s, vendor order review, communication with SSC leads and operations thru project completion.
- Complete as built surveys
- Assists in developing and implementing planning processes, standards and management tools. Includes: Model Schedules, Change Management, Prototype Development, Remodel Surveys, QA/QC, Project Prioritization, CAD Standards, Data Sheets, Data Base, etc.
- Assists in developing and implementing innovation initiatives including: New Merchandise Strategies, Reinventions, Retrofits, Benchmarking, Best of Market Presentations, etc.
- Establish and maintain outstanding communication with Store Planning & Development peers and primary partners in Merchandise and Marketing, Fixture Design, Major Business Initiatives, Construction, Store Set-Up, Real Estate, Architectural and Engineering consultants.
- Pro-actively partner with internal and external teams in order to resolve scheduling conflicts and communicate change that may affect production schedules.
- Directly manage RFI process for assigned projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, Auto Desk Auto Cad and Outlook
- Working knowledge of architectural, construction and store planning terms.
- Ability to produce floor plans, fixture, electrical, flooring, and lighting layouts with detail.
- Experience with Architectural practices and design standards.
- Ability to do fixture take-offs and write fixture orders.
- Ability to Categorize, File, and build an A&E Library system.
- Working knowledge of store and field operations.
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or Associate degree in drafting, construction management, computer science, or related field, or a combination of education and experience that would yield the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer: 1 - 2 years’ experience with a 100+ store chain
- Experience with Architectural Firm or Construction Management firm or Developer is a plus.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- Travel (50% or less) – could include US and Canada
- Work from Home - Remote
- Preference for candidates on the West Coast
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.