Lease Administrator - Boise, ID
The Lease Administrator supports Savers vision by overseeing occupancy accounting, common area maintenance reconciliations and minor business decisions and lease administration. This role reports to the Manager, Lease Administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the preparation of all rent-related payments, schedules, journal entries, account reconciliations and reports.
- Prepares and submits all occupancy-related invoices.
- Negotiates and interprets the terms and conditions of lease documents, examines maintenance and real estate tax billings, identifies discrepancies and negotiate with the landlord to resolve problems/disputes.
- Coordinates and manages activities of lease audits and tax appeals.
- Coordinates attorney activity with respect to leases, disputes, and other related issues.
- Collaborates with management to ensure the real estate new store checklist and activities are completed.
- Prepares and updates lease abstracts.
- Prepares annual occupancy-related budgets for the Company.
- Prepares and maintains lease reports including the Option List.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of accounting policies and practices
- Working knowledge of reading, interpreting and abstracting commercial leases
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of financial databases and systems
- Working knowledge of financial statements and general ledgers
- Demonstrated contract negotiations skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related field; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum 5 years commercial real estate accounting or lease experience
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.