Store Planning & Development Coordinator
The Store Planning & Development Coordinator supports Savers vision by assisting in the planning, scheduling, and execution of Capital Projects. Development of process and project training materials. This job supports the Store Planning & Development department and contributes to the overall success of the Construction/Store Planning/Purchasing/Property/Store Set-Up teams. This position reports to the Director Real Estate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in the development, scheduling, and rollout of all Capital Projects.
- Coordinates the tracking of all Capital Projects which include New Stores, New Store-Relocations, Store Expansions, Remodels, Retrofits and Refreshes.
- Creates purchase orders for all Capital projects and communicates necessary information to the vendors involved.
- Works closely with AP to process all invoices and ensure vendors are being paid in a timely manner.
- Creates contracts for new store openings and works with Legal for approval.
- Collects information and creates a new store announcement email to communicate to a broad group for each new store opening and relocation.
- Leads all processes and purchasing for each new store opening.
- Assists Construction Manager with the Project Management site
- Creates and updates many training materials utilized for new Store Openings, general Contractors, Vendors, etc.
- Builds strong relationships with all vendors.
- Assists the Director of Store Planning & Development with essential administrative and day to day functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of construction and store planning terms.
- Ability to create interactive excel spreadsheets with macros.
- Ability to Categorize, File, and build a Departmental Library system.
- Working knowledge of store and field operations
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Saver’s culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Associate degree in business preferred, construction management, computer science, or related field, or a combination of education and experience that would yield the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 2-3 years’ experience with a 100+ store chain
- Experience with Construction Management firm or General Contractor is a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- SSC Bellevue, WA or SSC Boise, ID
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.