4101 K Industry Drive East, Suite E Fife, WA 98424
Supports Savers vision by operating a forklift to safely handle inbound goods and material delivered to the Distribution Center and for the efficient loading of outbound material for domestic and international customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, state and Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task several incoming and outgoing truck loads at any one given time
- Ability to read receiving logs and load sheets
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Other duties as assigned
- Class A with doubles endorsement
- Clean drivers abstract
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows the direction of department supervisors to accomplish desired results.
- Continuously setting the example in work ethic and the development of other Team Members.
- Loads and unloads trailers according to Shipping and Receiving Supervisors direction and Sales departments standards
- Stacks boxes and or recyclables on pallets for weight verification, load product sort line as needed.
- Checks tractors and yard goat to ensure proper safety and work conditions follow Savers policies and Washington State laws.
- Ability to follow and work within all company safety and operational guidelines including safely operating forklift near fellow TM’s and building obstacles.
- Ability to operate a standard forklift and a forklift with a hydraulic squeeze clamp unit
- Safely swap trailers at our stores safely.
- Inspect trailers for damage and insure safe for travel.
- Safely operate yard goat and move trailers from door to door and yard to doors as needed.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Class A cdl with doubles endorsement
- 3+ years of Class A experience
- Ability to perform basic math calculations at the level normally required in high school
- Ability to occasionally lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
- Ability to operate a trailer jack assembly
This is a warehouse position and may be exposed to extreme temperatures (both cold and heat)
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Forklift, pallet jack or trailer jack assembly,
- Manual transmission tractor
- Crane yard goat
- 24-foot box truck