The FP&A Analyst supports Corporate G&A functions including HR, Marketing, Legal, Finance and more by providing timely and accurate analysis and reporting to enable sound business decisions. Key areas of responsibility include Financial Reporting, Forecasting, Budgeting, Ad Hoc Analysis, and special projects as needed. This position reports to the Finance Manager, FP&A.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as the primary finance support for Corporate G&A departments, including management of G&A Forecasting, Budgeting, and reporting activities
- Provide insight and analysis to department leadership on key spend drivers and performance against Budget/Forecast
- Provide analysis around key business initiatives and communicate findings to senior management
- Work closely with senior management on special projects and strategic initiatives
- Drive G&A forecast accuracy and performance against budget via consistent engagement with the business and cross-group collaboration across various corporate support teams including: Accounting, HR, IT, Marketing, etc.
- Serve as a key user/customer in the implementation of a new Planning, Forecasting, and Reporting tool (Cognos TM1). Be a significant contributor/member of the project team
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Excel / Technical skills and familiarity with SharePoint
- Cognos experience is a plus
- Power BI
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for learning
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and general finance concepts
- Experience with financial statements and demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Experience building budgets, forecasts, and financial reports
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and deliverables with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to connect complex operational metrics to financial results
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Previous Retail or Manufacturing industry experience a plus
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.