The world of absence management is changing rapidly, and Savers values the unique skill set that a leave of absence professional brings to our large company. We have a strong team of professionals across benefits, legal, employee relations and payroll to partner with you and your team on the complexities of leave program management. Be involved from the ground up in the implementation of a new leave administration case management system. You will drive the operational strategy, administration, compliance and end-to-end management of Saver’s Leave of Absence programs in the US. You will have two direct reports and report to the Manager of Benefits.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for Leave of Absence (LOA) administration, ensuring program is in accordance with all company policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Manage the leave administration relationship, ensuring compliance oversight, implementation, and coordination of the leave of absence program.
- Scans the federal, state or local leave of absence, sick/vacation time requirements or disability leave regulation environment, partnering with Legal, and acts to interpret, inform, implement and coordinate new legislation alongside Savers existing policies, programs and outsourced solutions.
- Works collaboratively with Employee Relations, internal and external legal counsel on ADAA, return to work and other confidential situations as necessary.
- Liaise with cross functional teams and key stakeholders to improve processes and procedures and optimize financial costs of leaves.
- Manage internal documents, letters, policies and other communications, as necessary, to ensure company compliance and drive clear and concise education of the leave programs.
- Provide leave of absence education to multiple levels/areas of the organization (employees, leadership, HR etc.).
- May provide functional or technical supervision over projects or team members in same or closely related classification.
- Administer the company’s disability program which will include reviewing disability status reports and partnering with third party administrators to ensure payments are timely and statuses are updated accordingly.
- Interpret standard and ad-hoc reporting to ‘tell a story’ of the LOA picture and advise on any needed process or policy changes.
- Performance management, coaching and counseling of direct reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge in leave administration and management.
- Must possess strong analytical ability to independently research and determine solutions to difficult or complex problems
- Superior customer service skills strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and establish collaborative relationships across multiple departments
- Advanced and proven Excel skills
- Experience managing or leading a team
- Ability to thrive within the Savers work environment and culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years leave related experience with 2 years of experience in a leadership role, or
- Combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Experience in ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, with or without accommodation.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, with or without accommodation.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic), with or without accommodation.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Tools and Equipment Used: Laptop, phone
Travel: Minimum travel required, once or twice per year
Work Address: Bellevue, WA
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.