The Savers family of stores is a stable and growing for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories and household goods for over 60 years. Our business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 650 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 120 nonprofit organizations by paying them for donated goods, which supports their vital community programs and services. Our brands comprise Savers (in the U.S), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia. All in all, we operate over 330 locations and have 22,000 employees. This position reports to the Manager, Talent Acquisition.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with Hiring Managers and Regional HR Managers to develop recruiting strategies that align with business needs and to fill positions across multiple lines of business
- Manage full-cycle diversity-minded recruiting: sourcing, scheduling and interviewing for multiple departments (Retail, Finance, IT, Marketing, G&A) in the U.S. and Canada
- Continuously improve our brand, processes, efficiency, with focus on both the candidate and hiring team experience.
- Leverage a broad pool of talent resources that support company DE&I strategies
- Manage a requisition load that could include a mix of hourly and management level roles
- Source, screen and interview candidates
- Schedule and facilitate interview process, sometimes with multiple managers
- Influence hiring decisions to ensure best fit and long-term success
- Develop and implement diverse sourcing strategies, including referral generation, position postings, direct sourcing, traditional job board sources and internal ATS
- Build a network of contacts and pipeline for future opportunities
- Manage, maintain and support current recruiting processes and tools to ensure best practice and consistency
- Assist in supporting recruiting projects through active participation as a team member
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage a full requisition load with urgency, while also delivering quality service.
- Knowledge of recruitment resources and strategies that support DE&I strategies.
- Ability to work well independently, but as a part of a team working towards a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to smoothly execute the recruitment process including sourcing, candidate selection, interviewing, extending an offer and negotiating.
- Excellent listening skills that allow you to have engaging and meaningful conversations with candidates.
- Demonstrated organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of EEO and all other applicable employment laws, policies and regulations.
- Proven success in building positive and collaborative relationships with customers and internal business partners
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in full life cycle recruiting
- Bachelors’ Degree is preferred
- Strong understanding of recruiting practices for multiple levels of positions across multiple lines of business, such as retail, accounting & finance, and other corporate functions.
- Strong experience and aptitude in current technologies, including ATS (e.g., Jobvite and similar), Internet sourcing tools, Microsoft Office products (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.