Sr. IT Program Manager, Finance & Accounting
The Sr. IT Program Manager is a critical member of the IT Program Management delivery team. You will be responsible for delivering strategic, high impact projects and solutions for the business. Your responsibilities will range from aligning strategy and vision, to driving business and system requirements, to managing the overall project/program across multiple teams (business, engineering, QA, etc.) adding value and increasing the ROI for projects.
You will be a trusted advisor to your business (CFO, Controller, Internal Audit, FP&A, Tax) and IT partners. As Sr. IT PM you will bring considerable technical, functional, and product expertise to deliver effective solutions within lines of business, with specific focus or experience around enterprise solutions. We are looking for candidate with experience in supporting Finance & Accounting, Supply Chain, Inventory Management, P2P, etc., and adjacent business functions; and has experience with enterprise ERP solutions (e.g., D365 F&O and reporting tools, Power BI, Cognos) or equivalent. The Sr. IT PM will ensure strategic alignment from business and IT and drive full program lifecycle.
We are looking for a passionate experienced advocate with strong business acumen and technical skills, to drive and deploy new solutions helping to accelerate our digital transformation. The role will utilize exceptional customer/partner empathy, strong program, and project management skills, along with effective communication and collaboration, to successfully launch business critical solutions. This role reports to the Manager, IT Programs.
Essential Job Functions:
The Sr. IT PM is the person responsible for delivering the benefit to the organization by establishing which activities are necessary to meet the program’s goals & objectives and is responsible for the centralized coordinated management of those activities. Within programs, the Sr. IT PM may act as a Program/Project Manager driving the execution of discreet projects.
The successful individual will have had enterprise-level program/project management responsibility that has driven change into an organization through solution deployments, change management practices, adoption, and/or process re-engineering
- Enjoys being in an entrepreneurial environment and acting as a change agent, evangelizing new ideas.
- Work in conjunction with cross functional business managers and subject matter experts (SMEs) to define project and program requirements.
- Work closely with all stakeholders on business process engineering, system requests, and operational issues.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation and appropriate signoffs of program and project deliverables, including roll-out.
- Communicates effectively with all project stakeholders including the Steering Committee.
- Experience in multi-geographic programs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
- Manage 3rd party providers as part of the delivery of business solutions.
- Project scope definition, and planning through delivery of assigned projects/products and related releases.
- Capture and document customer feature requests in both business and technical terms with enough description to ensure the value of the project is realized.
- Present program status and issues to stakeholders and Savers management on a regular and consistent basis.
- Manage user acceptance testing across functional team of SMEs.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with across project teams.
- Experience working in Agile, and Scrum preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Key Program Management Responsibilities
- Benefits Management: Identification, analysis, quantification, and baseline and tracking of all benefits / improvements (financial, KPIs etc.).
- Experience Management: identify user journey’s, epics, and stories that delivery outstanding customer/user experience.
- Sponsor / Stakeholder Management: Identification and engagement of appropriate sponsors and stakeholders, ensuring buy-in, funding and support of program.
- Key Program / Project Management / Analysist Responsibilities:
- Strong program/project management skills managing the overall scope, schedule, testing and delivery of solutions.
- Reduce program/project risk by focusing on the upfront analysis activities (i.e., documenting current state and future state business processes, perform gap analysis, defining scenarios, test scripts, facilitating end-to-end testing, etc.).
- Synthesize and analyze information from various sources to identify trends, opportunities, and dangers.
- Communication Management: Ensures timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and ultimate disposition of program information to include senior and executive management teams.
- Scope / Change Management: Defining and controlling what is included and not included in the program while ensuring all work required to complete the program is successfully included.
- Solution Architecture: Ensures that the solutions meet critical business need and drives the end-to-end solution from a solutions perspective.
- Quality Management: Ensures that the program will satisfy the needs for which it is was undertaken.
- Schedule Management: Ensures coordinated scheduling of all activities and ensures timely completion of the program activities.
- Cost Management: Creation and Approval of annual program budgets and management of program within approved budget.
- Risk / Issue Management: Identification, analysis, responding to and tracking program issues and risks.
- Overall Integration: Tradeoff management between program deliverables.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be a thought leader within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product & Technology strategy and challenge others in the organization toward change.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and rapport with executives, and both technical and non-technical team members.
- Develops and manages program/project plans including budgets, as necessary.
- Solid understanding of multi-channel and customer experience, B2B and B2C.
- Ensures that all project related documentation is created following defined standards.
- Ensures that realistic estimates of cost, duration and resource requirements are agreed. Monitors projects against these criteria, taking corrective action, as necessary.
- Manages project delivery across vendors, partners, and employees alike.
- Performs risk assessments and develops risk mitigation and contingency plans throughout the life of the projects and programs. Leads problem resolution as issues arise.
- Acts as a Mentor to other program manager job family positions.
- Experienced and knowledge around software/systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience and knowledge around enterprise software/systems projects, like D365, CRM, ERP or comparable.
- Ability to deal with multiple concurrent projects and their shifting schedules and changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks and prioritize work efforts in order to accomplish most critical task first and meet deadlines. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience and 6+ years Enterprise Software Program/Project Management.
- Knowledge of Accounting & Finance experience preferred.
- Supply Change Management experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.