Provide support to SSC and field business units, including Real Estate, Attended Donation Station, and Facilities Departments. This role reports to the Sr. Corporate Counsel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare initial drafts of real estate contracts including retail store leases and amendments for attorney review
- Draft and negotiate legal documents including Estoppel Certificates, SNDAs, Lease Amendments for attorney review
- Provide advice, support and review for Facilities Department, including reviewing and summarizing lease provisions and preparing landlord default notices and other correspondence
- Order and review title reports, exception documents and surveys, interfacing directly with outside counsel
- Work with Lease Accounting team to ensure timely payments to Landlords and resolve CAM reconciliation disputes
- This section describes the key job functions of the role, with the most important first
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High attention to detail
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client service mind-set serving internal business units
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat DC
- Capable of using SharePoint, AMT, Apttus/Salesforce, DocuSign and other software programs
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Paralegal certification
- Minimum 5 Years of experience working as a Paralegal in an in-house setting
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- This role does not typically involve travel
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.