Financial Reporting Manager
The Financial Reporting Manager supports the Savers vision by leading the external reporting; assess, implement, and maintain technical accounting policies; perform internal financial analyses and forecasts; strengthen and maintain internal controls over financial reporting; and manage internal controls compliance testing.
This position is intended to be an addition to Savers’ growing finance team. The Financial Reporting Manager will complement the current accounting team in ensuring timely and accurate reporting of its financial statements. You will drive all the external reporting and financial reporting aspects of our processes and will partner with the CFO, Controller, and finance operations leaders. Your key responsibility is to ensure internal control requirements are met and that all significant accounting matters are appropriately evaluated as part of the financial reporting process. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as liaison with Savers’ external auditors and internal controls compliance in support of an effective and efficient audit process and implement actions to remediate control deficiencies.
- Support new businesses and products by evaluating and recommending accounting treatment, including the design, documentation, and implementation and testing of appropriate internal controls.
- Manage the performance of internal controls by Finance and Operations personnel, including training and documentation requirements.
- Perform technical accounting research on GAAP, FASB, external reporting requirements for new accounting standards and business transactions.
- Maintain and update the Company’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with monthly close and analysis and prepare ad hoc analysis as requested by operations.
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies and reduce timeframes for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
- Update internal control documentation and support internal and external audit requirements
- Partner with other teams / departments on special projects and ad-hoc requests.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience.
- Advanced technical accounting knowledge coupled with exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures-in an internal controls environment.
- Experience with the following systems is preferred: Microsoft D365 F&O,
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required; CPA preferred
- Strong internal controls experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Public Accounting, preferably with “Big 4” accounting firm
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.