Reports To: Manager, Inventory Management & Traffic
Support Savers vision by ensuring the timely, most efficient and cost effective product movement, including partnership supply, external shipping, freight and distribution requirements from third party suppliers and vendors. Provide operational linkages with Savers field Management teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of all transportation modes, including intermodal, domestic ocean freight, consolidation and distribution
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills within a fast paced and dynamic supply chain
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to self-prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to make or influence decisions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 including Outlook, Excel, Sharepoint and OneDrive
- Basic knowledge/understanding of Transportation Management Systems
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute operational processes and procedures to achieve outstanding results in terms of inventory management and freight performance.
- Accurately record and process invoices within AP systems; communicate and trouble shoot effectively with 3rd party freight payable vendor.
- Execute the identified company supply chain plan and initiatives by utilizing internal processes and thorough coordination with third party vendors.
- Effectively able to troubleshoot disruptions to plan and communicate timely with Savers resource team members.
- Ability to have critical attention to detail with an emphasis on following operational guidelines and systems
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in Retail Inventory Planning/distribution/transportation
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry items weighing less than 5 lbs.
- Occasional reaching to various levels and directions to inspect and validate work processes.
- Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding, writing on documents/forms
- Frequently required to write and/or read written & electronic documents.
- Continuously needs to hear and verbally communicate in order to interact with and respond to management, team members and customers. Will need to hear requests in person and telephone.
- Will at times be exposed to hazardous machinery (compactor, baler, Big Joe), solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (Microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust.
- Will need to learn and operate the company inventory and accounting systems.
- Travel 5% or less
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Copy machine
- Fax machine