Training Specialist – New Stores
The Training Specialist for New Stores supports Savers growth by ensuring new store teams receive the onboarding and training they need to successfully open and operate their new stores. This role reports to the Manager of New Store Training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists Manager of New Store Training in recruiting and training in-store trainers.
- Coordinates scheduling, store assignments and travel for lead trainers.
- Assists Manager of New Store Training in working with district managers to staff department trainer positions.
- Assists Manager of New Store Training to schedule, coordinate and communicate to trainers when preparing for a new store. Includes orientation through grand opening time period.
- Supports training calls with each new store training team and the district manager to confirm roles and responsibilities, and to review training approach and materials.
- Presents training programs before large and small groups as needed.
- Assists Manager of New Store Training with regular program assessment based on metrics and trainer/manager feedback.
- Updates new store training materials with guidance from Manager of New Store Training.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in training and facilitation before large and small groups.
- Working knowledge of performance consulting, facilitation of teamwork and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Effective writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within Saver’s culture.
- Thorough understanding of Savers store operations, onboarding and training processes, and navigating Savers University. from both management and hourly team member perspectives.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
3-5 years’ experience delivering training programs. Savers field experience may substitute for some of the required training experience.
- In order to inspect, validate, train and manage within the work processes, must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. up. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of carts weighing 50 to 1000 pounds (with another team member).
- Frequent reaching to various levels and directions to inspect and handle merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team and assist customers.
- Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding, writing on documents/forms, inspecting merchandise and pricing.
- Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to handle and/or inspect merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team, assist customers, etc.
- Frequently required to read written and electronic documents and product labels.
- Continuously needs to hear and verbally communicate in order to interact with and respond to management, team members and customers. Will need to hear requests in person and via intercom and telephone.
- Will rarely be exposed to hazardous machinery (compactor, baler, Big Joe), solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
- The ability to communicate and understand the spoken word are important as well, for example:
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- Software (MS Office, Kronos, Concur, intranet)
- 25% or more
- Flights at least quarterly, plus in-market driving
- Position can be remote or store-based
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.