Truck Driver, SRU
Who we are:
The Savers family of stores, is a for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories, and household goods. Our Rethink Reuse business model of purchasing, reselling, and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 100 nonprofit organizations by purchasing donated goods from them, which provides a source of revenue to help support their vital community programs and services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Loads and unloads trailers according to DOT safety guidelines
- Provide good customer service to our customers
- Maintain drivers logs
- Responsible for ensuring all vehicles and trailers are in good working order and meet DOT regulations
- Double check BOL for proper weight
- Move trailers in yard. 28-53 foot long
- Maintains cleanliness and organization, for safe and efficient production.
- Checks equipment to ensure they are in proper working and safety conditions. Forklift, balers, trailers, tractors, and other equipment as needed.
- Ability to follow and work within all company safety guidelines.
- Team Members may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their department lead, supervisor, or manager.
- Safely swap empty for loaded trailers at our stores.
- Safely move trailers and containers around in the yard
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT and Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Demonstrates organization and
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain DOT logs
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to meet priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Class A license with Double’s endorsement
Physical Requirements and Equipment Used:
- Ability to occasionally lift to 60 lbs.
- Eye-hand coordination to sort and grasp
- Work on your feet for 8 hours a day
- Sort boxes, use shrink wrap, drive a forklift
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Dock or warehouse experience a plus
- Forklift operation experience a plus
- Driving a manual tractor
Ability to perform basic math calculations at the level normally required in high school
What you can expect:
A commitment to protecting the health and safety of our Team Members. Medical, dental vision, Employee assistance program, paid training, career development, bonus opportunities, competitive wage, and up to a 50% Team Member discount at our stores.
4101 K Industry Drive East, Suite E Fife, WA 98424