Client End Point Systems Administrator
Supports Savers vision by analyzing, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining areas of the enterprise network, including client/server systems, client/server applications, systems communications, user account management, software deployment, and endpoint protection, in order to maintain stable environment for end users and internal customers in a medium to large corporate environment. Reports to Manager, Client Systems Administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides on-demand support for end user issues, documenting all incidents and tasks, and performing activity in a timely fashion to the level required
- Provides on-demand management, configuration, testing and delivery of desktop, laptop and cellphone across the enterprise
- Provides on-demand support for domain/email account management such as account creation, security access, and/or authentication issues.
- Manage administration and monitoring of the network
- Deployment, administration, and optimization of Windows Server, SQL server databases, O365, telecom, and network appliances
- Provides on-demand software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting support across the enterprise
- Provides on-demand support for endpoint administration systems
- Provides application administration and development of ITSM solutions
- Help with upgrading infrastructure and assisting with moving the company towards Azure
- Provides on-demand support for endpoint performance and/or stability issues; ensure that any open issues are addressed and resolved.
- Provides on-demand support for endpoint communications, and/or security issues; ensure that any open issues are addressed and resolved
- Provides on-demand testing and configuration of new/upgraded endpoint applications for deployment on client systems
- Provides Tier 3 escalation support for end user issues
- Partners with business stakeholders to identify opportunities to better leverage existing and new IT products
- Mentors Tier 1 and 2 technicians. Partners with Helpdesk management to develop and recommend best practices for incident and problem management and escalation procedures
- Maintains detailed documentation of all job functions for use as reference material
Valuable Additional Experience:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Manager(SCCM/Intune)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Defender Enterprise/ATP
- Working knowledge of MS Exchange
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of resolving service problems with endpoint hardware and software
- Working knowledge of ITIL principles within an enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of Tablet, Laptop, and Desktop equipment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows Server, Windows 10, WSUS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Office, and Visio
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP including sub-netting, and routing
- Working knowledge of software distribution
- Working knowledge of managing and supporting an endpoint management solution
- Working knowledge of managing and supporting a mobile device management solution
- Working knowledge of Endpoint Security protection/ Network Access Control
- Working knowledge of a centralized antivirus management application
- Working knowledge of an enterprise imaging application
- Demonstrated skills in technical documentation
- Demonstrated analytical, deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to research future hardware/software technologies
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Preferred Degree in computer science or comparable experience
- 3 – 5 years performing Windows Systems management in a medium size business network-environment
- System administration and IT certifications are a plus
- Certifications preferred
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
- Able to support a work from home environment
- Ability to work onsite and available for work outside business hours as needed
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.