The Senior Accountant helps develop and lead the accounts payable function for global thrift retailer. This role is responsible for working closely with the manager of Accounts Payable who runs the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable function for the entire company. Responsibilities include ensuring completion of weekly electronic (ACH, EFT) payments for multi entities and currencies, own daily interactions with financial institutions, software integrations, account reconciliations, timely and accurate accruals, and maintenance of policies and procedures. This position reports to the Manager, Accounts Payable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices by manage Payment Schedule for 6 entities and in various currencies.
- Manage team member work escalations
- Ensure Positive Pay Files and exceptions are submitted and reviewed timely.
- Most of our payments are sent via ACH. Need to be savvy in dealing with ACH integration errors, updating bank information per bank error logs and dealing with Bank to rectify any situations.
- Being able to troubleshot ERP and integration errors and resolve them timely ensuring payments are made accurately.
- Manage Rent Calendar to ensure timely payments are made considering appropriate Holidays for US, Canada, and Australia.
- Research, resolve and communicate any discrepancies or outstanding balances on vendor accounts.
- Provide weekly metric updated to management.
- Track and manage all ACH Rejections, Returns and Credits.
- Work closely with both Cash Accounting and Treasury to resolve any payment discrepancies.
- Trouble Shoot payment issues including managing credits owed from vendors and reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar working in a large accounting department across Multiple Entities and Currencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and account reconciliation skills
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, Internet savvy and Excel (Data management) to take Excel data, format, and upload to System.
- Ability to work with partners and employees at all levels of the organization promptly and professionally.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Knowledge and ability to place a high emphasis and maintain controls surrounding financial reporting as pertains to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ability to exercise good judgment; makes decisions in logical and rational manner; demonstrates “common sense", practical and stays cool under pressure.
- Ability to gather facts, analyze problems in depth and break down into components.
- Organized with strong sense of priority and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to multitask, adapt to and operate in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- High integrity and work ethic
- Ability to maintain a great working relationship with Banks, Treasury, Cash Accountants and other third parties in relation to Payments.
- Ability to streamline, document and manage payment processes.
- Ability to ensure company policy and procedures for payments are enforced and communicated.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- 5+ years accounting experience with degree in accounting preferred
- Or a degree with a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Prior experience with AX/Dynamics a plus
- Proficient with MS Office
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
FLSA Status Exempt
Tools and Equipment Used: Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
Travel: 5 % or less travel
Work Address: SSC Boise, ID
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.