Production Training Manager - Job Description
Supports Savers business goals by partnering with store operations management and SSC departments in
setting learning & development strategy that impacts the effectiveness of store operations. Includes assessing
training needs and developing and delivering training to increase productivity and performance of store
production teams and central processing facilities (CPCs). Requires consultation with all levels of management
in both SSC and the field. This position reports to the Director of Learning & Development.
• Essential Job Functions: Consults with all levels of store operations management to define learning &
development strategy at all levels of the production teams within the stores and CPCs.
• Consults with SSC management to define department-related learning & development strategy impacting
store production and central processing. (e.g., Supply Chain, TM Relations, LP, Safety, Risk)
• Designs and develops training programs that meet specific needs of store and CPC production team
members and management, including video, workbooks, trainer’s guides, PowerPoint presentations, e-
learning, and job aids.
• Coordinates testing and pilots of training programs to ensure applicability and usability.
• Manages periodic updates of foundational production-related training programs.
• Partners with New Store Training Specialist to adapt and support new store production training.
• Presents training before large and small groups as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of performance-based instructional design and alternative delivery systems
• Working knowledge of adult learning theory, training methodology and experiential training techniques
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams; webinar
technology such as RingCentral or Zoom; and Articulate Storyline and Rise
• Demonstrated skills in industrial process documentation
• Demonstrated skills in training and facilitation before large and small groups
• Demonstrated skills in webinar facilitation
• Demonstrated organization skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to make decisions based on company’s strategic goals, standards, policies, and defined learning
• Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
• Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally and in writing
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
• Ability to be detail-oriented
• Ability to work in alignment with Savers’ purpose and values.
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.