The Sr. HR Business Partner is a strategic business partner to Executives, Directors and Managers in assigned client groups. In this role, you will demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen and significant HR functional knowledge to guide the development of HR strategies required to drive client business success. You will build and execute strong integrated HR strategies and initiatives for assigned client groups and will support each customer’s unique business needs, culture, and objectives.
Primary responsibilities are to strengthen the work environment, grow organizational capability, and build the leadership bench in assigned client groups and for the implementation and integration of human resource solutions spanning all areas of Human Resources, as well as the evaluation of their impact on meeting strategic goals and objectives. The Sr. HR Business Partner adds value by providing his/her unique and powerful perspective related to people, their capabilities and business operations. He/she is guided by the Savers vision and core values. This position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accountable for employment practice discipline including employee relations, risk mitigation, internal policy development, and external employment practice compliance.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing appropriate HR solutions.
- Facilitate the development of business strategies to build organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to divisional leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career/succession planning, talent movement, and retention, leveraging workforce analytics and insights when available.
- Assist divisions in organizational design activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles, and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Assist in the development and implementation of change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time.
- Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Comp, Performance Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition) and other staff groups to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs.
- Proactively integrate HR functional partners into customer strategies and projects, providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions.
- Supports the implementation of company HR programs, procedures, policy, and practice.
- Maintain collaborative relationships within the organization to share and leverage best practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills including policy and creative writing, group presentation & individual coaching, and counseling skills
- An action orientation and the ability to quickly deliver quality results.
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and company policies
- Relevant experience driving complex org design, talent, and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to the overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Training and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
- Strong customer relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision-makers to think strategically and critically.
- Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human resource implications.
- Proven ability to make sound financial decisions as needed (e.g., overhead budget management)
- Proven experience building an effective, relevant HR team to deliver business solutions to clients; ability to lead virtually.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change.
- Training facilitation/presentation skills proficiency.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- 8+ plus years of HR Business Partner experience.
- In-depth knowledge of employee relations, employment law and company policies.
- Demonstrated experience driving complex org design, talent, and change strategies.
- Strong customer relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders.
- In-depth knowledge of the retail and consumer products industry a plus.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- SSC Bellevue, WA + remote: Hybrid, Work from Home
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.