IT Field Deployment Services Manager
The Manager, FDS is a critical role within IT in support of the company’s growth strategy.
The FDS team is comprised of end point engineers, software administrators, and IT PM resources to plan, coordinate, acquire the necessary technical equipment, and orchestrate the setup or conversion with internal and external resources for store grand openings, CPC technical setup, GreenDrop expansion, Automated Book Processing centers, in-market CPC sourced store cutover, and merger & acquisition activities (e.g., 2nd Ave retail). The manager provides leadership and advanced planning of all deployments, and coordinates actions across key business stakeholders to ensure seamless operations. Provides leadership, oversight, and motivation to cross functional project teams, resolving complex risks and issues, eliminating ambiguity, deploying solutions to drive results. Manage the field deployment services team that deploys solutions into the field.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with store operations leadership and facilities to have clear roadmap of all future deployment requirements (e.g., GO, M&A, CPC, ABP, GD).
- Determines exact technical applications and equipment requirements in support of each site.
- Ensures clarity of services and BOM acquisition in support of site setup.
- Manages team resources and cross IT collaboration across services to ensure quality and timely execution of all required activities.
- Strategic thinking capable of influencing future directions based on customer and deployment feedback on a broad range of strategic and complex management, product and go to market issues.
- Demonstrates results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Leading change ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, leading others through change in a dynamic, quickly changing industry and work environment.
- Experience directing and managing large complex projects and experience supervising and/or leading other professional level staff
- Provides field onsite deployment services and continuous feedback loop for solutions
- Enables a collaborative working environment by identifying risks, help troubleshoots, resolves, and escalates issues and risks to the next level and/or Business Owners, when necessary
- Champions the maturing of IT Operating Model in coordination with business groups and IT operation teams.
- Oversees and directs the technology change management and adaptation. Partner’s cross-functionally to ensure alignment in roll-out approach and turn over to IT Operations.
- Thorough knowledge of long-range and operational planning techniques
- External vendor management execution and quality oversight
- Financial ownership of quotes, purchase req, purchase orders, receiving and invoice management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, retail, consumer products, tech experience preferred with 3+ years in a leadership position (e.g., manager level or above)
- Strong working knowledge of business financial practices, accounting, and business case development and analysis and ability to manage to a P&L.
- Minimum 7 years’ professional experience in Engineering and Technology based teams building or installing complex products and applications across a variety of distributed technologies.
- Ability to bring domain expertise in Retail, Payments and Digital Transformation as a Technologist
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of the end-to-end business processes required to drive the delivery and roll-out from readiness, training, operations, etc.
- Ability to propose new and improved ways to implement existing solutions.
- Expertise in applying and modifying learned rules or methods to solve complex problems.
- Understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail, manufacturing, and or software development fields
- Experience in identifying and managing both COTS, in house, and cloud-based technology solutions.
- Experience developing and managing numerous complex cross-functional projects at a program and/or portfolio level in partnership with numerous, diverse business functions including information technology and operations.
- Reputation for excellent peer-leadership, prioritization, strategic thinking, communication, analytic and quantitative skills, and an ability to be aware of, and interpret technological latest trends to create unique future business opportunities.
- Track record of continuous improvement and innovation within an organization.
- Proven track record for 3rd party vendor management and quality assurance
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or CIS, with 7+ years of technology leadership from a consumer-facing industry with strong commercial acumen, technical proficiency, and exceptional leadership skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- SSC Boise, ID, SSC Renton, WA, Remote